Sustainability in a stylish elegant environment
Classified Swiss-Lodge in ‘Hôtellerie Suisse’, le Coq Chantant was designed with the following vision : Quality, harmony of colours and materials, durability, ecology, sophisticated cosy comfort, discreet luxury and design for the well-being of its guests.
Situated in the heart of the peaceful village of St-Livres, le ‘Coq Chantant’ was built in 2012 on the site of the old bistrot ‘La Croix Fédéral’.
The materials are of the highest quality, respectful of the environment and correspond to the ‘Minergie’ standards. The whole building is all minergie designed (without the controlled ventilation).
The outer walls of the building are made of brick with a mineral peripheral insulation of lightweight cellular concrete. The walls are coated with lime and the window frames are made of wood and metal. The terrasses have a metallic structure and the floors are of larch wood. The roof has a mineral insulation with additional wood fiber and the tiles are terracotta. The main kitchen is equipped with an old stove from the brand WANDERS with a wood cooking possibility.
In each junior suite, the walls are painted with natural Keim paint, while the parquet floors and doors are made of oak.
The junior suites have been fitted out with great care in a modern design. They are equipped with :
- ELITE beds, which use only natural products, such as horsehair, cotton, silk, metal and solid wood, all certified by the European Ecolabel. www.elitebeds.ch
- SCHWOB bedding, which is the only company that still weaves in Switzerland, official partner of ‘Hôtellerie Suisse’. The products are 100% cotton and we offer the possibility to have anti-dust mite bedding. www.schwob.ch
- Furniture, partly sourced from local antique shops (wardrobes and bed heads) Tables from different places (England for the Piaf suite, the Grisons for the Brel and Gréco suites).
- For the bathrooms and the main kitchen ; teak furniture from ETHNICRAFT (which work with the greatest respect of ecology and social ethics) www.ethnicraft.com
- All the pieces of furniture were chosen for their aesthetic design and functionality but also for their durability and quality.
- The bathroom products are made by OCCITANE from France, www.occitane.com, member of the ECOCERT association, environment and sustainable development.
The bucolic English-style garden with its gravel courtyard, sourced from Lake Geneva, is like an ancient bistrot garden. It was designed by Caspar Kerdjik a landscape architect from Basel. (www.raumundgarten.ch)
All the products that we serve for breakfast are regional organic products (including champagne and wine). We offer the possibility to have lactose and gluten free products.